Tree pose is a great exercise to strengthen your core body, your legs, and your overall balance.
A Chair Yoga Tree pose uses the back of the chair for support and balance.
Start by standing beside a solid, stable chair.
• While holding the back of your chair, balance on your left foot. Keep your gaze focused on one point in front of you. That will help you stay stable.
• Bring your right foot to your ankle, with the knee turned outward.
• As you get comfortable with the pose, you can bring your foot up higher on the leg, to the calf, or upper thigh (though not on the knee joint), depending on your ability, with the knee turned outward.
• Lift one above your head and hold for 5 to 10 deep breaths. Keep the other hand on the back of the chair for balance and support.
• If you’re feeling comfortable, bring the other hand up into the air. Hold for 5 to 10 deep breaths.
Repeat on the other side.